- Ruggedized polymer HAHO freefall accessory
- Integrates with PALS Armor Mount or HAHO Sternum Mount, and any of our smartphone case models (sold separately)
- 5 series fits the 4.5" and 5" PALS or HAHO sternum mounts. 6 series fits the 5.5" and 6" PALS or HAHO sternum mounts
- Includes red LED back lit oil-filled Oceanic compass
- Provides mounting tabs for Garmin GPS 401/601/701 (Garmin not included – optional add-on)
- Provides low-profile, stowable hinged platform for use under canopy
- Allows for situational awareness and visibility of landing zone
- Can be used as stand-alone device when routed through container strap (not typically a military approved configuration)
- NSN# 5895-01-671-8314 (FDE, 5"), 5340-01-672-6079 (FDE, 6")
Great little product. My only complaint would be the glare from the compass and NVG but a little tape engineering and good to go. Love it so far
NAV BOARD LITE was easy to assemble as an attachment to the PAL Armor mount; just follow the supplied instructions. I am an outdoorsman and retired veteran; I purchase my items based on quality, reliability, simplicity, adaptability and affordability. I have been using the NAV BOARD LITE, COMPASS, GPS MOUNT, LED (JG.MT.HALO-L) with PAL Armor Mount (JG.MT.PALS) for two weeks in the field. What I experienced: - Quality: Excellent. No sharp or rough edges. All components (Garmin 601, LED, Compass) fit firmly in their slots and built for rough handling. If you have MOLLE/PALS, it fits anywhere. I have attached it to a chest plate rig, jump rig, backpack, sling pack and just detached from PAL Armor mount and carried it in cargo pants pocket. - Reliability: Granted only 2 weeks of field ops, and it has operated as advertised. As a Nav Board it definitely follows the “two is one, one is none” saying, in that this package has three ways to navigate (Phone Apps, GPS routing and Compass) in a small rugged package. - Simplicity: It’s intuitive and with a few practice runs with and without gloves, you can deploy the system without looking. Once deployed hands are free to carry other items. LED functioned excellent during a night hike; great idea on the multiple LED brightness settings. - Adaptability: This is the most effective attribute. Due to recent weather issues, I have only made one jump with the system. Opened chute at 8,000ft and for a long glide – deployed Nav Board with no issues, adjusted position and locked in place, opened my smart phone nav app, Garmin was on from initial jump, easy to view with slight head tilt forward, and never had to touch it again until 1,000 ft when I folded the system back to the ready position. After on the ground, I experimented with the Nav Board as a land navigation aid. Future plans with the Nav Board are a hunting trip, mountain hiking, off-road ATV and of course, more skydiving (including night ops). - Affordability: Given this is a specialized item, I found it to be reasonably priced whether you buy the system with or without the Garmin Foretrex.
Perfect product finish, excellent compass view, and proper size of plate are far better than other products by targeting HAHO. Don't worry about it. Buy it right away. It's the best product in the world.